Blue Hawaii Photo Tours offers a unique opportunity to break away from the typical tourist experience, create stunning photographs, and create a connection with Oahu and the Hawaiian culture.
Q. What is your approach to Safety regarding COVID-19 and other viruses?
A. Thank you for this question. Listed below are our current guidelines.
- If you are not feeling well please cancel the tour. We will waive the normal 48 cancellation fee and you will receive a full refund.
- We drive a new 12 passenger van yet only take 7 people on tour. So there is room to spread out. We require masks to be worn inside the van but you may remove them once we are on location. Good news is that there is little driving and many stops! If you forget your mask we will have some “Island Style” masks on hand for purchase at $10 each.
- Cleanliness has always been our thing. We are doing even more. We have always kept our vehicles clean by shaking out mats and sweeping. Every week we have them professional cleaned inside and outside. However now we will be disinfecting after every tour. All hand holds and windows will be wiped clean with alcohol before the next tour. We have also invested in UV Filters to santize the vans after each tour. Now UV filters do have an effect on the cold virus, measles and other baterica but has not yet been tested for COVID-19. But we don’t want to catch a cold either!
- At the beginning of the tour before you enter the vehicle we’ll have hand sanitizers for you.
- No food or drink is allowed. Water is permitted but must be kept in a closed container.
- Thank you for your understanding.
Q. Is this tour only for experienced photographers?
A. No. All skill levels can enjoy the tours. Each tour is educational and we teach you how to get great photographs with whatever camera you have…even if it’s an iphone, ipad or Android device. Experienced photographers will appreciate the off-the-beaten path locations.
Q. What can I expect from the tour?
We take you to destinations away from the crowds. Your photography guide will take you off the beaten path to beautiful locations. Along the way sharing Hawaiian culture and the history for each site giving you a personal connection and story to accompany your photos.
We give personal photography Instruction. At each stop your guide provides expert tips for creating stunning imagery. This workshop-like experience assists you in transforming your photography skills allowing you to capture your own unique images that tell your personal vacation story.
Whether you use a DSLR, pocket camera or even an iphone we can assist you in creating beautiful photographs. At the end of your photo tour you will have captured breathtaking photographs that will last a lifetime.
Q. What is included in the tour?
A. We provide pick-up and drop-off in Waikiki, professional one on one photography instruction, and tripods.
Q. What if I’m not staying in Waikiki?
A. We will pick you up at the Ala Moana Hotel. There is free parking at the Ala Moana Shopping Center.
Q. What should I bring?
A. Bring your camera or Smart Phone.
Comfortable closed-toed walking shoes. Sometimes we have a little mud.
Hat and sunscreen.
A light jacket or sweater.
Lunch money ( about $15 cash ) if you book the Island Tour or the Sunrise + Island Tour.
Sense of adventure.
Q: What happens if it rains?
A: Sometimes it rains, usually for a short time, but when the sun comes out, that’s when you can catch a rainbow. If it’s going to be raining the entire day we will cancel the tour. Rare.
Q. How many people on the tour?
A. We limited our small groups to 7 people. We would like everyone to be comfortable and be able to spread out in our van and also give you personalized attention. Family tours and private tours can have larger groups if needed. The private photo tours are quite popular if you would like one on one attention and more flexiablity. Prices start at $375
Q. What is the Cancellation Policy?
A. Reservations must be cancelled no later than 48 hours prior to departure time for a refund.
Q. How much walking is there on the tour?
A. All of our tours have light walking. There is no hiking. However our vans are not wheelchair accessible. Please contact us for a private tour if you are unable to get in or out of a van or have a wheelchair/scooter.